Welcome to theLoop!
1. Log in at http://theLoop.ppa.com. You can log in using your PPA.com login and password. Having problems signing in? Email the Community Manager for help!
2. Fill out your profile. We want to get to know you! Get out from behind the camera and upload a profile picture. Share your story, your passions, and your accolades in your profile.
- Once you've logged in, select the little box in the upper right corner of the screen to access your profile.
- UPLOAD A PROFILE PICTURE (We want to see who you are)!
- Edit/update your contact information if needed.
- Complete additional fields such as your bio, education, birthday, and links to your social networks.
3. Customize your profile settings. Start by finding My Account in your member profile. From here, you can set up how you want to receive emails from theLoop, how much of your profile you want visible to other members, the signature area that appears under your discussion posts, and your subscriptions to the various communities on theLoop. PRO TIP: We recommend subscribing to the Daily Digest for each community you belong to--that will send you a single email each day summarizing the hottest topics in your favorite sections of theLoop. You can also get emails in real time--perfect for theLoop power users.
4. Browse the Communities and join the ones that interest you. We have plenty of communities that you'll find relevant, useful, and engaging. Check out our specialty communities section or see what's happening in your local community! PRO TIP: Everyone at theLoop belongs to the PPA Members Open Forum community, making it a great place to start exploring theLoop.
5. Build your contact list. First, select Directory from the top navigation bar. Then, use the member search to find friends and colleagues belonging to PPA. Creating a contact list helps the theLoop identify relationships and build searchable networks. PRO TIP: Find at least 20 colleagues and request to add them to your contact list to complete your Profile Completeness bar.
6. What now? It's time to join the conversation!
We're so glad to have you in theLoop. Have fun!
- Let us know you’re here. Say hello and share what you are hoping to gain by participating. You can do this in a Discussion or in your personal blog. Just go to "Post" in the main navigation bar and select what kind of content you want to share.
- Ask questions. What do you want to know more about? Have a problem with anything from copyright to lighting? There's a community for that!
- Share ideas. Is there a hot topic you want to discuss? How about a lesson you've learned that might help your fellow members?
- Give feedback. Use your knowledge and experience to answer other members' questions. Just click "Reply to Discussion" to the right of any discussion post!
- Share your work. Upload the photos you're most proud of to the Image Share Community for other members to see.